Victor Richards is a Director in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. His practice includes all aspects of Bermuda corporate law, with a particular focus on shipping and aircraft matters. Victor advises banks, owners, private equity firms and other corporate entities on all aspects of shipping and aircraft registration, finance and transactional matters including debt financings, restructurings, bond issues, IPO’s and securitizations.
Before joining Conyers in 2010, Victor spent five years training and working in London, where he gained experience working in project and asset finance.
- Advised Aircastle Limited (NYSE: AYR) on the offering of US$500 million aggregate principal amount of its 5.125% Senior Notes due 2021, which completed on 26 March 2014.
- Advised GasLog Partners LP on its US$186 million Initial Public Offering on the NYSE in 2014. The proceeds from the offering were used principally to reduce indebtedness and for general corporate purposes, with the remainder distributed to GasLog Ltd. GasLog is an international owner, operator and manager of LNG carriers.
- Advised Kosmos Energy Ltd. (NYSE: KOS) on the private offering to eligible purchasers of US$300 million aggregate principal amount of its 7.875% senior secured notes due 2021.
- Asset finance lawyer, Reed Smith LLP, London
- Project finance lawyer, Bevan Britain LLP, London
- College of Law, London, UK, Legal Practice Course 2004
- University of Bristol, M.A., Legal Studies, 2003
- University of Western Ontario, B.A. (Hons), Philosophy
- Bermuda, Attorney-at-law, 2010
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2006 (not currently practising)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets, corporate and commercial)