Sameer Tegally is a Partner at Venture Law Ltd*. Sameer’s practice covers corporate, banking and finance (including Islamic finance) and trusts/foundations. Sameer advises leading multinationals and international banks on their cross-border investments, financing and trading, particularly with Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Sameer also advises institutional and private clients on all aspects of non-contentious Mauritius trusts and foundations law. Sameer has contributed several articles in renowned global publications in the fields of corporate law, Islamic finance and trusts.
- UK Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment, Islamic Finance Qualification, 2009
- University College London/University of East London, BA (Hons) Law with Economics, 1998
- Mauritius, Barrister, 2002
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 2009
*Conyers Dill & Pearman and Venture Law Ltd are not in partnership, and operate as separate firms. Neither firm assumes liability for the actions and the advice of the other firm.
- Recognised in the 2016 edition (and since 2012) of Chambers Global (Mauritius general business law: foreign)
- Recognised in the 2016 edition of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate)
- Recognised as a leading lawyer, Islamic Finance News 2012 (offshore Islamic finance)
- Named a leading lawyer, Islamic Finance News poll 2012 (asset and fund management)