Rachael Pape is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the British Virgin Islands.
Rachael has a broad corporate and finance practice with particular expertise in corporate finance and reorganisations, capital markets and investment funds.
Prior to moving to the British Virgin Islands, Rachael worked as an associate in the finance team of Slaughter and May and in the international capital markets (derivatives and structured finance) team of Allen & Overy LLP in London.
- Advising on the first ever publicly offered Finnish auto loan asset-backed securitization transaction.
- Advising in relation to the termination of finance charters in respect of liquefied natural gas (LNG) carriers and the on-sale of the vessels.
- Advising the arranger on the refinancing of a group of 65 companies (including 24 BVI companies) to finance the acquisition of a property portfolio in London.
- Advising a syndicate of secured creditors in respect of new security to be granted under a U.S. Chapter 11 court order. The application of U.S. Chapter 11 proceedings to provide new security over assets of indirect, non-U.S. subsidiaries of the U.S. parent company was a novel situation with little or no precedent at the time.
- Advising major international banks and FTSE 100 companies in relation to the establishment and maintenance of retail and wholesale structured product programmes.
- Associate, Carey Olsen, British Virgin Islands
- Associate, Slaughter and May, London
- Associate, Allen & Overy LLP, London
- Trainee, Allen & Overy LLP, London and Moscow
- College of Law, London, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Commendation), 2008
- University of Oxford, Trinity College, Jurisprudence (MA, Oxon), 2007
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2015
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2010 (not currently practising)