Peter A. S. Pearman is a Director in the Private Client & Trust department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Peter joined Conyers in 1996 and became Partner in 2005. Peter’s practice covers all aspects of trust and private client practice, with a particular focus on the use of trusts in commercial transactions, including asset finance, unit trust and other commercial structures involving the use of trusts. In addition to advising on commercial trusts, Peter regularly advises trust companies and individuals and families on complex estate planning matters.
- Advising a high profile US family in relation to court proceedings under Section 47 of Bermuda’s Trustee Act 1975 and the subsequent establishment of a large philanthropic entity
- Advising a substantial US and non-US family in connection with a complex trust re-organisation involving the use of insurance-related products and onshore and offshore trusts
- Advice on the impact of new French legislation in relation to Bermuda situs trustees and the trusts of which they act as trustee
- University of Buckingham, LLB, 1994
- Eckerd College, B.A., International Business, 1991
- Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney, 1996
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1995 (not currently practising)