Norman is a Partner in the Hong Kong office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Norman joined Conyers in 2012.
Norman is an experienced litigator. His practice covers all types of contentious matters, and focuses on restructuring and insolvency and shareholders' dispute matters.
He advises private equity houses, liquidators and corporate and individual shareholders typically regarding companies having financial/management difficulties. Norman also advises investors or management in disputes involving investment funds.
Norman is a regular speaker for HKICPA in its insolvency/restructuring introductory course.
- Acting for a PRC managing shareholder of a five-star hotel in successfully opposing an application for interim receivers in the BVI and generally in the minority oppression claim commenced by the passive investing shareholder.
- Acted for an investment fund in its petition for a just and equitable winding up of a Cayman company holding the PRC business venture of providing Internet Protocol Virtual Private Network services.
- Acting for a listed company in Hong Kong in its successful application for an interim injunction order refraining a creditor from presenting a winding up petition against it in Cayman Islands.
- Acting for a NYSE listed, PRC headquartered Cayman information technology services company in its employment dispute with a former senior employee involving question of validity of the employee’s exercise of share options.
- Acting for various listed companies in Hong Kong in respect of contentious shareholders’ meeting issues.
- Acting for various listed companies in Hong Kong in their shareholders’/creditors’ schemes of arrangement (typically involving parallel applications in Hong Kong and Bermuda/Cayman).
- Associate, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Associate, Tanner De Witt
- Trainee Solicitor, Holman Fenwick & Willan
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL, Class of 2002
- The University of Hong Kong, LLB, Class of 2001
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2012
- Bermuda, Associate, 2012
- England and Wales, Solicitor, 2008
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2005
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (offshore)