Niel Jones is a Director in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Niel joined Conyers in 2005 and was based in the Moscow office from 2008 to 2011.
Niel’s practice covers corporate and commercial law, banking and finance, capital markets, aviation and M&A. He advises financial institutions, multinational corporations and private equity groups on cross border and multi-jurisdictional transactions including financings, restructurings, public offerings and mergers and acquisitions.
- Advised EPL Oil & Gas, Inc. (NYSE: EPL), a Delaware corporation, which was acquired by Energy XXI (Bermuda) Limited (NASDAQ: EXXI) for US$2.3 billion by way of a merger under Delaware law.
- Advised Xyratex Ltd (NASDAQ: XRTX) in connection with its acquisition by Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX), for US$374 million. This M&A transaction was effected by way of a merger under Bermuda law.
- Advised Markit Ltd., a Bermuda company, on its US$1.3 billion initial public offering and listing on the Nasdaq Global Select Market following its insertion as the group’s top holding company in place of a UK company.
- Advised Aircastle Limited (NYSE: AYR) on its US$900 million agreement for the purchase and leaseback of eight Boeing 777-300ER aircraft with LATAM Airlines Group.
- University of the West of England, PgDLP (LPC), 2003
- University of Durham, LLB, 2002
- McGill University, BA (Hon) Economics, 1999
- Recognised in the 2018 edition (and 2016) of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate)
- Recognised in the 2017 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial)