Michael Frith is a Director in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Michael joined Conyers in 2003 and became Partner (Director) in 2010.
His practice includes all aspects of Bermuda corporate law, with a particular focus on insurance regulatory and transactional matters. His experience encompasses all aspects of the insurance/reinsurance and ILS industry in Bermuda, including: new insurance incorporations (captives, commercial insurers, special purpose insurers), equity and debt financings of insurers and insurance groups, including private placements, listed debt offerings, IPOs and public equity offerings of insurance companies, cat bonds, sidecars, segregated account structures (both public and private act), collateralised reinsurance/retrocession vehicles, Lloyd’s funding vehicles and other financing and transactional work.
Michael is a standing member of the Insurance Advisory Committee, advising the Bermuda Ministry of Finance on matters relating to the Bermuda insurance industry, and serves on the Bermuda Employment Tribunal. Michael is also the co-author of the Bermuda chapter of The Insurance and Reinsurance Law Review (Editor, Peter Rogan). Before joining Conyers in 2003, Michael spent two years training and working in London, where he gained experience in all aspects of the insurance and reinsurance industry.
- College of Law, Guildford, UK, Legal Practice Certificate (Distinction), 2000
- College of Law, Guildford, UK, Common Professional Exam (Commendation), 1999
- Dalhousie University (Halifax, NS, Canada), BSc Advanced double major, Biology and Sociology, 1998
- Bermuda, Barrister and Attorney, 2003
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2003 (not currently practising)