Matthew Harkness is an Associate in the Corporate Department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the British Virgin Islands.
Matthew has a broad practice encompassing all facets of corporate and commercial law, and has advised on a number of mergers and acquisitions (private and public), private equity transactions (including buyouts, university spin-outs and venture capital), commercial contracts, joint ventures, corporate reorganisations, legal due diligence and other general corporate governance / compliance matters, across multiple sectors and jurisdictions.
- Advised Land Securities plc, the largest commercial property company in the UK, on its £224m sale of Almondvale Shopping Centre.
- Advised InterBulk Group plc, on its £42m “take private” (by way of scheme of arrangement) by Netherlands headquartered Den Hartogh B.V.
- Advised Allrig Inc., a Clyde Blowers Capital portfolio company, on its acquisition of oil and gas businesses in Dubai, Brazil and Singapore from IRM Services International DMCC.
- Advised 21 shareholders (institutional and private individuals) on the sale of Gold Standard Simulations Limited (previously spun out of Glasgow University) to Synopsys, Inc (a NASDAQ listed entity).
- Advised David Brown Group, on its cross-border merger with the Santasalo Group involving multiple jurisdictions, including Luxembourg, South Africa, Australia, India, France, Dubai, Indonesia, the Philippines, USA, Chile and Canada.
- Advised AIM listed Smart Metering Systems plc on its strategic and simultaneous acquisitions of CH4, Qton Solutions and Trojan Utilities.
- Advised Sport-Tiedje GmbH, Europe’s largest supplier of home fitness equipment, on the acquisition of Laidir Lesiure Limited (t/a Powerhouse Fitness).
- Associate (Corporate), CMS Cameron McKenna LLP, Glasgow
- Solicitor (Corporate), MacRoberts LLP, Glasgow
- University of Glasgow, Diploma in Legal Practice, 2011
- University of Glasgow, Bachelor of Laws (LLB, Hons), 2006 – 2010
- British Virgin Islands, Solicitor, 2017
- Scotland, Solicitor, 2013 (not currently practicing)