Jordan McErlean is an Associate in the Litigation & Restructuring Department in the Cayman Islands office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Jordan joined Conyers as an Associate in 2017 after completing his Articles of Clerkship with the Firm.
Jordan’s practice covers all areas of international commercial litigation. Jordan has advised clients such as investment funds, insolvency professionals, accounting professionals and other entities on a range of complex insolvency, restructuring and other commercial litigation issues.
- Acted for Ernst & Young in relation to claims of auditor negligence and fraud brought against them by the liquidators of Weavering Macro Fixed Income Fund Limited.
- Fund for redemption payments made to RMF at a time when it subsequently shown the fund was insolvent.
- Acted for Shanda Games Limited in the trial of its petition pursuant to s.238 of the Companies Law to determine the fair value of shares held by shareholders that dissented to the merger of the company.
- Acted for the Joint Official Liquidators, Grant Thornton Specialist Services (Cayman) Limited, in the ICP master and feeder funds liquidation proceedings.
- Acting for Torchlight Fund LP in its defence against a just and equitable winding up petition.
- Articled Clerk, Conyers Dill & Pearman, 2015
- Summer Intern, Conyers Dill & Pearman, 2011 & 2012
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (LPC) with Commendation, BPP University, 2015
- Master of Laws (LLM) with Merit - University College London, 2014
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) with First Class Honours - Swansea University, 2013
- Cayman Islands, Attorney, 2017