Jerry Samuel is a Partner in the Litigation and Restructuring department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the British Virgin Islands. Jerry joined Conyers in 2008.
Jerry regularly appears as an advocate before the BVI Commercial Court and his practice covers all aspects of commercial and civil litigation. He specializes in insolvency, cross border relief/assistance, jurisdictional disputes, urgent interim relief, shareholder disputes and asset tracing. Jerry works closely with international legal teams on a regular basis on various types of multi-jurisdictional disputes and advises a broad range of clients, including corporate directors, financial institutions and insolvency practitioners.
Jerry is also a Notary Public and a Member of the BVI Bar Association, the Restructuring and Insolvency Specialists Association, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and the Judicial and Legal Services Commission.
- Acted for a major South East Asian mining group in attempts to secure disclosure relief on an ex parte basis.
- Acted on numerous occasions for Russian and Cypriot banks in attempts to enforce judgments and secure injunctive relief on an urgent ex parte basis.
- Acted for a German-listed company in the longest running Commercial Court trial experienced in the BVI concerning shareholder relief and unfair prejudice.
- Litigation Associate, Walkers, BVI
- Cardiff Law School - Centre for Professional Legal Studies, Bar Vocational Course (2005)
- Cardiff University Law School, LLB (2004)
- Carleton University, M.A. (Hons) Political Economy (2000)
- Florida A&M University, B.S. (Hons) Business Economics (1995)
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (Virgin Islands), 2005
- England & Wales, 2005 (not currently practicing)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition (and since 2012) of Legal 500 Caribbean (dispute resolution)
- Recognised in the 2018 (and 2017) edition of Who’s Who Legal (asset recovery)