Guy Cooper is a Director in the Corporate Department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Guy rejoined Conyers’ Bermuda office in 2009 after working in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for several years.
Guy has a broad corporate practice covering all aspects of corporate, commercial and securities law with a particular focus on public companies, securities, financings and group restructurings. Guy has extensive experience in debt and capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, banking and asset finance, joint ventures, private equity and partnerships. Guy has particular expertise in the US and Norwegian markets including debt and equity offerings in private placements, secondary offerings and IPOs, bank financings, takeovers and restructurings.
- Advised each of Avance Gas Holdings Ltd (AVANCE:Oslo), BW LPG Limited (BWLPG:Oslo) and Odfjell Drilling Ltd (ODL:Oslo) on their IPOs on the Oslo Stock Exchange, raising US$250 million, US$575 million and US$400 million respectively.
- Advised Kosmos Energy Ltd. (NYSE:KOS) and Travelport Worldwide Limited (NYSE:TVPT) in relation to US$199.5 million and US$112 million secondary offerings of their shares.
- Advised SeaCube Container Leasing Ltd. (NYSE:BOX) on its IPO on the NYSE which raised approx. US$95 million and subsequent acquisition by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan by way of amalgamation for US$470 million.
- Advised the buying consortium in their privatisation of Floatel International Ltd. (FLOAT:Oslo).
- Advised The Milestone Aviation Group Limited, the global leader in helicopter leasing, on its establishment, private equity funding and later sale to GE for US$1.775 billion, as well as numerous secured and unsecured bank financings and bond offerings.
- Advised GoodBulk Ltd. on its US$100 million private placement of new shares and listing on the Norwegian OTC market.
- Advised in the restructuring of Eitzen Chemical ASA into Team Tankers International Ltd (TEAM:Oslo), including a debt for equity swap and listing on the Oslo Stock Exchange.
- Advised BW Offshore Limited (BWO:Oslo) on its restructuring, including a US$100 million rights offering, numerous credit facility amendments and amendments to its unsecured bonds.
- Advised BW LPG Limited on its offer of cash and consideration shares in exchange for all the shares of Aurora LPG Holding ASA.
- Advised Stolt-Nielsen Limited (SNI:Oslo) and its lending banks on numerous senior unsecured bond offerings and bank facilities.
- Advised DNB and Nordea on the amendment to the US$450 million and US$200 million facilities for Avance Gas Holdings Ltd.
- Advised SELLAS Life Sciences Group Ltd, a late-stage biopharmaceutical company on its continuation to Bermuda.
- Conyers Dill & Pearman, Bermuda, 2009 – Present
- Reed Smith LLP, Abu Dhabi, 2007 – 2009
- Conyers Dill & Pearman, Bermuda and Dubai, 2003 – 2007
- The College of Law, Guilford, UK, PgDL, LPC 2002
- The University of Newcastle Upon-Tyne, B.A. (Hons) Economics & Geography, 1999
- Charterhouse School, UK, 1996
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2008 (not currently practising)
- Bermuda, 2000