Edward Rance is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman. He joined Conyers in 2016. Edward's practice consists of a broad range of corporate and finance matters, including corporate insolvencies and restructurings.
Prior to joining Conyers, Edward practised with Allen & Overy LLP and Milbank Tweed Hadley and McCloy, with a particular emphasis on advising financial institutions and investment funds in relation to publically traded securities and the distressed debt market.
- Advised The Co-operative Bank plc on their £1.5 billion recapitalization by way of exchange offers and a scheme of arrangement.
- Advised the ad hoc creditor’s committee on the $1.4 billion financial restructuring and corporate reorganization of the Danish shipping company TORM A/S.
- Acting on numerous disposals of non-performing property portfolios, both consensually and by way of enforcement.
- Advising on the sale and restructuring of a £300 million public-private partnership infrastructure project.
- Associate, Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy, London
- Trainee & Associate, Allen & Overy LLP, London
- College of Law (London), LLB, 2011
- University of Oxford, MSc, 2009
- University of Cambridge, MA, 2008
- Bermuda, 2013
- England & Wales, 2013 (not currently practising)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets, corporate and commercial)