David Stubbs is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the Bermuda office. He joined Conyers in 2017. David’s practice consists of a broad range of corporate and finance matters, including corporate insolvencies and restructurings, bond issues, private placements, IPOs, mergers and acquisitions, initial coin offerings and the formation and regulation of cryptocurrency and digital token vehicles.
Prior to joining Conyers, David practiced with Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP (2006-2012) and Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP (2012-2017), where he acted in a broad range of finance matters, including secondments to Deutsche Bank in 2011, the Principal Investments team at HSBC in 2014 and to the Treasury team of Eurasian Resources Group in 2016.
- Advised Eurasian Resources Group S.à r.l. (ERG) and its subsidiaries on the restructuring of more than $5 billion of debt with Russian lenders. Secondment to ERG’s Treasury team.
- Advised CMA CGM in a consent solicitation and $253 million cash tender offer relating to corporate asset backed secured notes.
- Seven month secondment in 2014 to the Principal Investments team at HSBC, advising in relation to the treatment of covered funds under the Volcker Rule.
- Advised Citigroup Global Markets Limited in several liability management exercises of Citigroup Inc.
- Advised Alliance Oil Company Limited in a $500 million offering of 7% guaranteed notes due 2020 and a subsequent consent solicitation and liability management transaction in respect of a previous notes issuance.
- Advised GoldenTree Asset Management in connection with the recapitalisation and €200 million equity capital raise of Bank für Arbeit und Wirtschaft und Österreichische Postsparkasse AG (BAWAG). The transaction took the form of a €215 million cash common equity offering subscribed by existing BAWAG shareholders and lenders, and the exchange of more than €3.5 billion of loans into common equity of BAWAG’s indirect holding company.
- Associate, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP, London
- Trainee & Associate, Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP, London and Moscow
- Inns of Court School of Law, London, England, Legal Practice Course (Distinction), 2006
- University of Buckingham, LLB (Hons), 2005
- Brown University, Rhode Island, BA (International Relations and Russian), 1990
- Bermuda, Attorney-at-Law, 2017
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2008