Craig Fulton is a Partner in the Cayman Islands office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Craig’s practice includes all areas of corporate and commercial law, with particular emphasis on hedge funds, private equity, venture capital, infrastructure, and investment funds.
Having worked in the investment funds arena for the past 19 years, initially in-house with Fortis Prime Fund Solutions and then with Conyers for the past 13 years, Craig has a broad range of experience not only in terms of representing funds and investment managers, but also a range of service providers in the investment funds industry including banks, custodians, trust companies and administrators. His clients include Neuberger Berman, ICONiQ Capital, Lazard, Industry Funds Management (IFM), Sequoia Capital and EIG Global Energy Partners.
- Providing regular, on-going legal advice to Industry Funds Management (IFM) on investments in respect to their leading global multi-billion dollar infrastructure fund, ranging from capital raising, financing, acquisition, and divestments.
- Advising on structure and formation for a number of venture capital / private equity funds for ICONiQ.
- Providing on-going advice and advising on the formation and operation of new venture capital funds for the Sequoia Capital Group of funds.
- Advising EIG Global Energy Partners on the formation of a private equity fund investing in energy-related investments, as well as acting as Cayman counsel on the loan transaction.
- Advising on the structuring and formation on a number of master feeder structures for Lazard Asset Management.
- Head of Legal Affairs (Western Hemisphere), Fortis Prime Fund Solutions (Cayman) Limited
- University of Natal, Durban, Bachelor of Commerce, 1992
- University of Natal, Durban, Bachelor of Laws, 1994
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2011 (not currently practising)
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 2006
- Conveyancer, 1998
- High Court of South Africa Attorney, 1997