Craig Fulton is a Partner in the Cayman Islands office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Craig's practice includes all areas of corporate and commercial law, with particular emphasis on finance and investment funds.
Having worked in the investment funds arena for the past 13 years, initially in-house with Fortis Prime Fund Solutions and then with Conyers for the past 8 years, Craig has a broad range of experience not only in terms of representing funds and investment managers, but also a range of service providers in the investment funds industry including banks, custodians, trust companies and administrators. His clients include Neuberger Berman, Morgan Stanley, Lazard, Industry Funds Management, Sequoia Capital and EIG Global Energy Partners.
Prior to returning to the Cayman Islands in 2012, Craig helped to successfully establish the Firm’s presence in Mauritius, where he served as Head of Office for three years.
- Providing on-going advice and advising on the formation of new funds for the Sequoia Capital Group of funds.
- Advising EIG Global Energy Partners on the formation of a private equity fund investing in energy-related investments, as well as acting as Cayman counsel on the loan transaction.
- Advising on the formation of a venture capital fund investing in small to mid-cap technology firms, targeting a capital commitment of US$300 million.
- Advising on the establishment of a new master-feeder structure for a multi-billion dollar family group, to indirectly hold their operating companies worldwide.
- Providing on-going advice for a multi-billion dollar infrastructure fund managed by Industry Funds Management.
- Providing advice in respect of a facilities agreement providing for the establishment of senior secured term credit facilities in an aggregate principal amount of up to US$340 million.
- Establishment of Cayman Islands Search Fund Investing in Africa.
- Head of Legal Affairs (Western Hemisphere), Fortis Prime Fund Solutions (Cayman) Limited
- University of Natal, Durban, Bachelor of Commerce, 1992
- University of Natal, Durban, Bachelor of Laws, 1994
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2011 (not currently practising)
- Cayman Islands, Attorney-at-Law, 2006
- Conveyancer, 1998
- High Court of South Africa Attorney, 1997
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of Who's Who Legal (private funds)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition (and 2015) of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial, investment funds)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets)
- Recognised in the 2017 edition of Chambers Global (corporate finance)
- Recognised in the 2013 edition (and since 2011) of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate)