Cora S. Miller is Counsel in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the British Virgin Islands. Cora joined Conyers in 2008.
Cora’s practice covers all areas of corporate and finance with particular focus on banking, corporate reorganisations, merger and acquisitions, mining, oil and gas, aircraft financing, vessel registrations, continuations, joint ventures and regulatory governance. Cora advises corporations, financial institutions and investment managers on cross border and multi-jurisdictional aspects of their transactions.
- Advised an international retail giant on a complex, multi-jurisdictional global restructuring.
- Advised on the multi-jurisdictional financing of a world renowned resort in the UAE.
- Advised on the reorganisation and refinancing involving numerous companies within a high-profile British conglomerate.
- Advised on the restructuring and refinancing involving Centerra Gold Inc., AGR Limited and numerous other subsidiaries and involving the jurisdictions of Luxembourg, Mongolia, Netherlands, Canada and BVI.
- Advised on a complex multi-jurisdictional US$2 billion dollar financing and subsequently, the refinancing of the loans.
- Advised on an aircraft financing, including implementing the aircraft loan and security agreement, aircraft mortgage, escrow agreement and other ancillary documents.
- Partner, Corporate and Financial Services Group, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- University of Alberta, LLB, 1998
- University of Windsor, M.A., 1995
- University of Western Ontario, (Hons) B.A., 1993
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court, BVI, Attorney-at-Law, 2009
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2009
- Alberta, Canada, Solicitor, 1999
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of the CityWealth Future Leaders List
- Recognised in the 2018 edition (and 2016) of IFLR1000 (financial and corporate)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition (and since 2011) of Legal 500 Caribbean (corporate and commercial)
- Recognised in the 2018 edition of Legal 500 Caribbean (banking, finance and capital markets)
- Recognised as one of IFC's Top 200 Power Women for 2017 (and since 2014)