Christian Luthi is a Director and Chairman of Conyers Dill & Pearman. He joined the firm’s Bermuda office in 1994, in the Litigation & Restructuring Department.
Christian has extensive experience in dispute resolution involving litigation in the Bermuda courts and arbitration. His practice encompasses a wide range of areas including company law, particularly share valuation and appraisal matters, shareholder disputes, insolvency and restructuring matters, insurance, and other commercial matters. He also has significant experience in international family law, trust disputes and complex regulatory and compliance matters.
Christian is a regular speaker at international conferences and also established the Offshore Case Digest, which offers readers high-level summaries of major cases decided in Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands. Conyers is the only offshore law firm offering coverage of cases in these jurisdictions; our public database holds over 300 case summaries.
Christian is recognised in Chambers Global and The Legal 500.
- Oxford University (Oriel College), Jurisprudence MA (Hons), 1988 – 1991
- Trinity College, Hartford CT, USA, BA Philosophy, 1984 – 1988
- Bermuda, 1993
- England & Wales, 1993 (not currently practising)
- Accredited Mediator, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, 2008
Insolvency and Restructuring:
- In re Opus Offshore Limited [SC Comm (Bda)]  SC (Bda) 14 Com
- In re Up Energy Development Group Ltd [SC Comm (Bda)]  SC (Bda) 83 Com and  SC (Bda) 89 Com  Bda LR 101
- Re Dominion Petroleum Ltd  Bda LR 8
- Pulido v UST Holdings Ltd & Ors [SC Comm (Bda)] 2015  SC (Bda) 67 Com
Merger Valuation and Appraisal Cases:
Trusts and Family Wealth:
- S v S [SC Div (Bda)]  SC (Bda) 43 Div
- Trustee 1 & Ors v Attorney General & Ors [SC Comm (Bda)]  Bda LR 19