Charissa Ball is an Associate in the Corporate department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the Hong Kong office. Charissa joined Conyers in 2012 as a pupil and qualified as an Associate in April 2013.
Charissa’s practice includes all aspects of corporate and commercial law.
Charissa has experience in corporate reorganisations, re-domicile exercises, debt and equity offerings, corporate finance including IPOs and private placements, banking and financial services including financial derivatives, credit and security, and general corporate and commercial matters and advises public companies, insurance companies, segregated accounts companies (SACs), financial institutions in cross border and multi-jurisdictional contexts.
- Advised Guangzhou R&F Properties Co., Ltd. a leading national PRC property developer headquartered in Guangzhou, the PRC on its issue of US$1 billion 8.50% senior notes due 2019 by Trillion Chance Limited.
- Advised Luye Pharma Group Ltd. on its US$764 million IPO of shares by way of a global offering involving a Hong Kong public offering and international offering which was the third largest offering in Hong Kong in 2014 and follows its recent privatisation and de-listing from the SGX-ST in November 2012.
- Acted for a major bank in connection with its investment in ILS through a Bermuda incorporated SPV.
- Frequently advises various banks and financial institutions in connection with financial derivatives, credit and security, and general corporate and commercial matters in cross border and multi-jurisdictional contexts.
- Pupil, Conyers Dill & Pearman, Bermuda
- College of Law, Manchester, Legal Practice Course, 2011
- Sussex University, LLB, Sussex, 2010
- Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney, 2013