Cathryn Minors is an Associate in the Corporate department in the Bermuda office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. In prior employment, Cathryn worked in the legal department of a well-known Bermuda based bank and a UK energy services public company where she advised on vendor contracts, employment matters and disputes at both organisations.
Cathryn’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, including corporate finance, insurance and asset finance with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, aviation finance, corporate, relocations, private equity, partnerships, and the establishment and regulation of insurance vehicles and investment funds.
- Acted for OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd. and White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. in connection with the US$1.7 billion acquisition of OneBeacon by Intact Financial Corporation.
- Acted for Sears Holdings Corporation in connection with providing Bermuda insurance regulatory advice related to the sale of its Craftsman tool brand, valued at US$900 million, to Stanley Black & Decker.
- Advised on the formation of iCash Ltd., and the creation of its new Ethereum blockchain-based token, iCash.
- Provided Bermuda law advice to Avolon Holdings Limited, the international aircraft leasing company, in connection with two Senior Notes offerings by Park Aerospace Holdings Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Avolon.
- Acted as Bermuda counsel for Sky Aviation Leasing International Limited (“SKY”), as servicer and S-JETS 2017-1 Limited (“S-JETS”) a Bermuda company, as issuer in connection with Sky’s US$780.8 million debut asset‐backed securities (“ABS”) deal, pursuant to which S-JETS issued US$657,800,000 Series A Notes, US$81,000,000 Series B Notes and US$42,000,000 Series C Notes.
- Provided Bermuda law advice to RK Mine Finance, a division of Red Kite, acting through its special purpose vehicle RK Mine Finance Master Fund I Limited, a Bermuda company, to provide a secured project debt facility for a total of US$250 million to Continental Gold Inc. (TSX: CNL)(OTCQX: CGOOF).
- University of Law, Bristol LLM 2015
- University of Law, Bristol Legal Practice Course 2014
- University of the West of England, LLB (Hons) 2013
- Bermuda, Barrister & Attorney 2015