Beverly Cheung is a Legal Manager in the Corporate Department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in Hong Kong. She qualified as a Solicitor in Hong Kong in 2013 and joined Conyers in 2017.
Prior to joining Conyers, Beverly had particular experience in ship finance transactions, including preparing loan and security documentation for financial institutions and advising on domestic and cross-border finance structures. She also acted for shipowners on ship registration matters and the sale and purchase of second-hand vessels.
- Acted for major Hong Kong, PRC and international financial institutions relating to various bilateral and syndicated credit facilities for pre-delivery and post-delivery financing secured by individual ships and on a fleet basis
- Acted for lenders, agents and arrangers in drafting and negotiating finance documents covered by SINOSURE insurances and guarantees granted by the Export Credit Agency of Norway
- Acted for Hong Kong and PRC banks to provide certain banking facilities secured by containers
- Advised financial institutions on providing security packages relating to Hong Kong, Panamanian, Liberian, Singapore and British flagged vessels
- Representing a New York listed ship management company in the back-to-back sale of its fleet and ship registration matters in Hong Kong
- Representing a PRC bank in the due diligence review of finance documents with respect to a proposed loan assignment
- Representing a Netherlands ship-owning group in the due diligence review of documents relating to the proposed listing of its subsidiary on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- Associate, Mayer Brown JSM, Hong Kong
- Trainee Solicitor, Mayer Brown JSM, Hong Kong
- University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 2011
- University of Bristol, LLB, 2010
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 2013