Bernadette Chen is a Partner in the Corporate department in the Hong Kong office of Conyers Dill & Pearman. Bernadette joined Conyers in 1997 and became a partner in 2012.
Bernadette’s practice includes all aspects of corporate law with particular focus on corporate finance. Bernadette advises clients on private equity transactions, joint ventures, initial public offerings matters including pre-IPO financings and listings of shares of Bermuda and Cayman companies in Hong Kong, Taiwan and the United States of America. Bernadette also has experience in privatization and corporate restructuring matters.
- Provided Bermuda legal advice to Road King Infrastructure Limited (“RKIL”) and BVI legal advice to RKIL’s subsidiary (“Issuer”) in relation to the issue of RMB guaranteed senior notes (“Notes”) by the Issuer and the guarantee of the Notes by RKIL and 66 BVI subsidiaries of RKIL.
- Acting for Beijing Enterprises Water Group Limited (“BEWG”) on numerous occasions regarding the issue of guaranteed bonds by BEWG and its BVI subsidiaries.
- Providing legal advice to various Cayman companies listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange on the restructuring of the senior notes and/or convertible bonds they issued.
- Banking & Finance lawyer, Kao Lee & Yip, Hong Kong
- University of Hong Kong, PCLL, 1993
- University of Hong Kong, LLB, 1992
- Eastern Caribbean Supreme Court (British Virgin Islands), Solicitor, 2014
- Bermuda, Registered Associate, 1998
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 1997 (not currently practising)
- Hong Kong, Solicitor, 1995