Ashvan Luckraz is a Partner at Venture Law Ltd.*
Ashvan’s practice covers civil/commercial litigation and arbitration, with a particular emphasis on insolvency, contractual matters, shareholder disputes, and urgent interim relief.
Ashvan is experienced in all aspects of corporate and commercial law with particular emphasis on finance, mergers and acquisitions and investment funds. He advises a wide variety of clients including financial institutions, corporate service providers, international and local businesses, and high net worth individuals.
- Advised a sovereign wealth fund in connection with its investment in an energy conglomerate, thereby retaining close to a 15% stake in the company.
- Advised Memstar Technology on its US$420 million acquisition of the Longmen Group.
- Acted for DBS and HSBC in connection with Indus Gas’ US$300 million medium term note programme, guaranteed by iServices Investments Limited and Newbury Oil Company Limited.
- Advised CITIC Construction Co. Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the CITIC Group and The International Finance Corporation in relation to their US$300 million investment in an infrastructure project development of some 30,000 affordable housing units in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Legal counsel, international wealth management group
- Associate, major US law firm, London
- English barrister, leading commercial sets of chambers, London
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LLM, 2005
- London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB, 2004
- Bar of Mauritius, 2008
- Bar of England and Wales, 2006
*Conyers Dill & Pearman and Venture Law Ltd are not in partnership, and operate as separate firms. Neither firm assumes liability for the actions and the advice of the other firm.