Anna Bruce-Smith is an Associate in the Private Client & Trust department of Conyers Dill & Pearman in the Bermuda office. Anna joined Conyers in 2014 after practicing at a London law firm for over five years.
Anna’s practice covers all areas of private client and trust with particular focus on international and local trusts and estate planning arrangements. Anna’s expertise includes advising on the establishment of international trust structures, trust restructuring and resettlement, private trust company structures, providing advice to individual and corporate trustees about their duties and obligations and advising on general matters of trust law interpretation.
Anna is a member the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and was recognized from 2011-2013 in the top 35 of the Private Client Practitioner Under 35 Group.
- Advising the trustees on the re-organisation of a Bermuda law trust with US resident beneficiaries leading to a successful application to the Bermuda Court to approve the re-organisation.
- Advising on the complex re-organisation of a series of Bermuda law trusts with local and international beneficiaries working closely with US and UK advisors on cross jurisdictional trust and tax issues.
- Establishing a Bermuda private trust company structure for an Eastern European resident client involving complex family and corporate governance issues.
- Advising cross-jurisdictional beneficiaries of a Bermuda law trust on a corporate property ownership structure of UK real estate liaising with UK and US advisors on trust and corporate tax issues.
- Penningtons Manches LLP, London, Associate
- Conyers Dill & Pearman, Bermuda (Secondment)
- BPP Law School, London, 2004-2006
- University of Sheffield, BA (Hons), 2000-2003
- Bermuda, 2015
- England & Wales, Solicitor, 2008