Bermuda Companies Act 1981
DOWNLOAD THE ACT HERE
The Bermuda Companies Act contains a consolidated version of the Companies Act 1981, incorporating all amendments to date.
The most recent legislative updates include:
- the amendments to section 113(1)(d) of the Companies Act 1981 made by the Banks and Deposit Companies Amendment Act 2018, operative 17 August 2018
- the amendments to sections 13, 14, and 65 of the Companies Act 1981 made by the Proceeds of Crime (Miscellaneous) (No. 4) Act 2018, operative 10 August 2018
- the Exchange Control Amendment Regulations 2018, operative 25 July 2018
- the addition of the Companies (Initial Coin Offering) Regulations 2018, operative 10 July 2018
- the amendments to the Companies Act 1981 and the Government Fees Regulations 1976, made by the Companies and Limited Liability Company (Initial Coin Offering) Amendment Act, 2018, in force 9 July 2018
- the consequential amendments to section 55(5) of the Companies Act 1981 made by Schedule 9 to the Land Title Registration Act 2011, in force 2 July 2018
- the Government Fees Amendment Regulations 2018 and the Companies and Partnership (Fees) Act 2018 in force 1 April 2018
- the section 6 of the Companies and Partnership (Fees) Act 2018 is deemed to have come into operation on 22 June 2016
- the Exchange Control Amendment Act 2018 and the Companies and Limited Liability Company (Beneficial Ownership) Amendment Act 2017, operative 23 March 2018
- the Companies Amendment Act 2018 and the the Proceeds of Crime (Miscellaneous) Act 2018 are deemed to have come into operation 21 March 2018
This Compendium does not, however, contain (i) the various forms and filings prescribed by the Act and (ii) The Companies Winding-Up Rules 1982; these are available on request, please contact us.
In addition, further regulations apply to companies carrying on (i) insurance business, (ii) investment fund or investment fund administration business, or (iii) trust business.
More information and/or separate consolidations of applicable legislation are available on request.
While every effort has been made to ensure its accuracy, and it is believed that the only errors in the legislation are those contained in the statutes themselves (which errors have been faithfully reproduced), no responsibility is assumed for the content, and reference is made to the original legislation for an authoritative statement of the Companies Act 1981 and Rules, Regulations and Orders and other legislation contained herein.
Conyers Dill & Pearman
Revised: August 2018
DOWNLOAD THE ACT HERE