Blockchain and Digital Assets
- You are here: Home
- Legal Services
- Blockchain and Digital Assets
The blockchain that underpins digital currency transactions has multiple applications in the business world. Companies and investors are seeking ways to capitalize on the opportunities presented by new technologies and innovative structures are evolving all the time. Fintech, insurtech, blockchain and smart contracts are not just the buzzwords of the moment, but the foundation on which the businesses of the future will be built.
Forward-looking governments are working to create the regulatory framework for vehicles using new technologies. For example, the Bermuda Government is moving swiftly to make the Island a leading blockchain jurisdiction.
Advantages of Establishing Offshore
Conyers is well placed to provide legal expertise for clients looking to establish entities involving digital assets and blockchain technology, who want to take advantage of the benefits that come with using an offshore structure in one of our jurisdictions. These benefits include:
- Tax-neutral platform
- Business-friendly government
- Sound legislative and judicial system
- Experienced, professional advisory and support services
Legal Services for Digital Assets
Conyers’ corporate practice is a leading provider of offshore legal services to many of the world’s top corporations, including Fortune 100 and FTSE 100 companies, as well as SMEs and start-ups. We have the expertise to assist clients who are developing businesses involving digital assets such as cryptocurrencies and digital tokens, or looking to invest in the sector. Our experienced team of attorneys understand the legal, regulatory and commercial issues that affect clients doing business in this fast-changing arena.
Our dedicated team of attorneys can assist with:
- Incorporating or establishing of digital asset related entities or issuers;
- Structuring, financing and operating fintech and blockchain entities;
- Advising on token sales and ICOs;
- Providing registered office, corporate director and secretarial services, as well as specialised company management services.
Offshore Counsel for Blockchain Ventures
- Conyers advised on the first cryptocurrency launch in Bermuda. We acted in connection with the formation of Unikrn Bermuda Ltd and its Unikrn token sale and cryptocurrency platform. The Unikrn token sale raised roughly US$31 million.
- Conyers acted in connection with the formation of iCash Ltd., a Bermuda company, and the development and creation of iCash, a new Ethereum blockchain-based token.
- Conyers acted as Cayman Islands legal counsel to Mobius in relation to Stellar Network’s US$35 million MOBI token sale. MOBI is the token used by the Mobius Network to facilitate safe and secure transactions and data sharing throughout the blockchain economy. The MOBI sale was the first major token sale built on and supported by Stellar.
Contact our Blockchain and Digital Assets Team
Director, Head of Bermuda Blockchain & ICOs Practice
Bermuda +1 441 299 4923
Partner, Head of BVI Corporate
British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands +1 284 852 1100