Dubai Offshore Law Forum
Conyers Dill & Pearman’s Dubai office is pleased to host its Offshore Law Forum on Tuesday, 29 October. This event will bring together Conyers professionals from three jurisdictions – the British Virgin Islands (BVI), the Cayman Islands and Mauritius – along with lawyers from the Firm’s Dubai office, for an informative breakfast seminar. Topics covered include:
- International transparency and cooperation initiatives, proposed register of beneficial owners and regulatory response.
- Developments in corporate governance and the Cayman Islands statement of guidance on standards for mutual funds.
- An update on AIFMD and FATCA, and FATCA-related structures.
- New guidelines for Mauritius global business companies accessing the treaty network.
- New funds products and an update on licensing regimes for asset managers.
The expert panel features:
- Robert Briant – British Virgin Islands
- Craig Fulton – Cayman Islands
- Fawaz Elmalki – Dubai
- Stephen Scali – Mauritius
- Kerri Lefebvre, Moderator – Dubai
This is an invitation-only event. For more information, please Nicky Brent.