03:18am Sunday (GMT -0300)
This premier corporate practice is commended for its top-quality work and close attention to clients' needs. It offers a deep bench of lawyers with extensive experience in areas such as capital markets, banking, asset finance and complex cross-border corporate transactions.
Chambers Global 2013
Founded in 1928, the Bermuda office provides advice and services on the full range of the Firm’s corporate, litigation, restructuring & insolvency and trust & private client practices.
The services offered by the affiliated Codan companies are also available from the Bermuda office.
- Conyers advises on Marine Money’s top securitisations of the year *New*
- Conyers advises Global Container Assets 2013 Limited on US$280 million note offering *New*
- Bermuda Court of Appeal Upholds Decision of Supreme Court to Order Disclosure *New*
- Conyers advises on US$670 million acquisition financing of 26 commercial passenger aircraft and related leases *New*
- Conyers advises on issue of US$600 million 6.25% Senior Notes by North Atlantic Drilling Ltd. *New*
- The FSB Recognises Bermuda, BVI and Cayman for Strong Adherence to Regulatory Standards
- ILS and the Convergence of Insurance and Funds in Bermuda
- Offshore Case Digest: Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands - Issue #5 - July - October 2013
- Conyers advises Aircastle Limited on its Joint Venture to invest in leased aircraft with an affiliate of Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Conyers advises Arch Capital Group Ltd. on US$500 million Senior Notes Offering by its wholly owned subsidiary Arch Capital Group (U.S.) Inc.
Bermuda has earned a reputation as a world-class centre of commerce featuring a business-friendly environment, a stable and growing economy, and an unmatched collection of talent and intellectual capital in key sectors including insurance, financial services, and, more recently, electronic commerce. Bermuda has the intellectual capital, infrastructure and sophistication of leading onshore business jurisdictions, with a light but effective regulatory environment that is conducive to international business.
Instructions received in Bermuda can be passed on to the appropriate jurisdiction in a different time zone for immediate action on what is effectively the same business day. This means clients can often hear back by the morning of the next business day in Europe or Asia, avoiding costly delays.
Affiliated companies (Codan) provide registered agent, registered office, corporate director and secretarial services, as well as specialised company management services. Our global network of licensed trust companies (Codan Trust) undertakes a broad range of trust establishment and administration services. These services range from the administration of family trusts for private clients to the structuring of highly complex and innovative corporate ventures including special purpose trusts for ownership of securitization structures.