08:14pm Thursday (GMT -0400)
Conyers is "the best firm on the island" ... Their overall technical knowledge is excellent
International Financial Law Review (IFLR) 2011/12
Founded in 1928, the Bermuda office provides advice and services on the full range of the Firm’s corporate, litigation, restructuring & insolvency and trust & private client practices.
The services offered by the affiliated Codan companies are also available from the Bermuda office.
- Legal 500 recognises Conyers as a top-tier firm *New*
- Conyers advises BW LPG Limited on US$575 million IPO *New*
- Conyers advises Barclays Capital Inc., Citigroup Global Markets Inc. and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC on US$400 million offering by Energy XXI (Bermuda) Limited of 3.0% Senior Convertible Notes due 2018 *New*
- Conyers raises over $37,000 for Bermuda Red Cross Typhoon Haiyan Appeal *New*
- Julie McLean participates in Who’s Who Legal’s Aviation Roundtable 2014 *New*
- Conyers tops offshore firms in The International Who’s Who of Aviation Lawyers 2014 *New*
- Conyers advises Maiden Holdings, Ltd. on US$152.5 Million Offering of 7.75% Senior Notes Due December 1, 2043 *New*
- Conyers featured in The Lawyer’s offshore deals and cases round-up *New*
- Conyers advises Essent Group Ltd on US$335 million IPO *New*
- Important Judgment in PricewaterhouseCoopers v Saad Investments Company Limited and Singularis Holdings Ltd. *New*
Bermuda has earned a reputation as a world-class centre of commerce featuring a business-friendly environment, a stable and growing economy, and an unmatched collection of talent and intellectual capital in key sectors including insurance, financial services, and, more recently, electronic commerce. Bermuda has the intellectual capital, infrastructure and sophistication of leading onshore business jurisdictions, with a light but effective regulatory environment that is conducive to international business.
Instructions received in Bermuda can be passed on to the appropriate jurisdiction in a different time zone for immediate action on what is effectively the same business day. This means clients can often hear back by the morning of the next business day in Europe or Asia, avoiding costly delays.
Affiliated companies (Codan) provide registered agent, registered office, corporate director and secretarial services, as well as specialised company management services. Our global network of licensed trust companies (Codan Trust) undertakes a broad range of trust establishment and administration services. These services range from the administration of family trusts for private clients to the structuring of highly complex and innovative corporate ventures including special purpose trusts for ownership of securitization structures.