03:45pm Friday (GMT -0300)
This premier corporate practice is commended for its top-quality work and close attention to clients' needs. It offers a deep bench of lawyers with extensive experience in areas such as capital markets, banking, asset finance and complex cross-border corporate transactions.
Chambers Global 2013
Founded in 1928, the Bermuda office provides advice and services on the full range of the Firm’s corporate, litigation, restructuring & insolvency and trust & private client practices.
The services offered by the affiliated Codan companies are also available from the Bermuda office.
- Conyers advises Gener8 Maritime, Inc. on its 15 million share offering *New*
- Conyers advises GasLog Ltd. on its 7.5 million public offering of common units *New*
- Conyers advises Northern Offshore, Ltd in their acquisition by Shandong Offshore Company Limited *New*
- Conyers advises Bellemeade Re Ltd. on the completion of its US$298 million securitization of mortgage insurance portfolio risks *New*
- Bermuda takes steps to satisfy third country requirements of Europe’s Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive *New*
- Chris Garrod participates in Xuber’s Executive Bermuda Roundtable: Removing the Constraints to Growth
- Offshore Case Digest: Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands - Issue No. 9 – November 2014 – February 2015
- Conyers advises Integrated Alternative Finance on its AED 700 million structured equity and mezzanine debt financing to develop the Taj Dubai
- Conyers advises Textainer Group Holdings on an amendment on Textainer Limited’s $700 million five-year revolving credit facility
- Conyers advises Panda Re Ltd. on the issuance of US$50 million Series 2015-1 Class A Principal At-Risk Variable Rate Notes
Bermuda has earned a reputation as a world-class centre of commerce featuring a business-friendly environment, a stable and growing economy, and an unmatched collection of talent and intellectual capital in key sectors including insurance, financial services, and, more recently, electronic commerce. Bermuda has the intellectual capital, infrastructure and sophistication of leading onshore business jurisdictions, with a light but effective regulatory environment that is conducive to international business.
Instructions received in Bermuda can be passed on to the appropriate jurisdiction in a different time zone for immediate action on what is effectively the same business day. This means clients can often hear back by the morning of the next business day in Europe or Asia, avoiding costly delays.
Affiliated companies (Codan) provide registered agent, registered office, corporate director and secretarial services, as well as specialised company management services. Our global network of licensed trust companies (Codan Trust) undertakes a broad range of trust establishment and administration services. These services range from the administration of family trusts for private clients to the structuring of highly complex and innovative corporate ventures including special purpose trusts for ownership of securitization structures.