08:14pm Wednesday (GMT -0300)
Conyers is "the best firm on the island" ... Their overall technical knowledge is excellent
International Financial Law Review (IFLR) 2011/12
Founded in 1928, the Bermuda office provides advice and services on the full range of the Firm’s corporate, litigation, restructuring & insolvency and trust & private client practices.
The services offered by the affiliated Codan companies are also available from the Bermuda office.
- Conyers advises Allstate Insurance Company on US$350 million catastrophe bond deal *New*
- Temporary Aircraft Registration Certificates to Be Issued by the Bermuda Department of Civil Aviation *New*
- Conyers advises Mercury Capital on first index-tracking catastrophe investment fund *New*
- Conyers advises ING Bank N.V. on US$1.45 billion Seadrill Group financing *New*
- Conyers advises SeaCube Container Leasing Ltd. *New*
- Conyers advises Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited on US$250,000,000 notes issue
- The AIFMD and Bermuda – Implementation Update
- Conyers advises Odfjell Rig II Ltd. and Odfjell Offshore Ltd. on acquisition of minority shareholdings
- Bermuda: Jurisdiction of Choice for Trust and Wealth Structures
- Jurisdiction Update: Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Mauritius - Issue #3, February 2013
Bermuda has earned a reputation as a world-class centre of commerce featuring a business-friendly environment, a stable and growing economy, and an unmatched collection of talent and intellectual capital in key sectors including insurance, financial services, and, more recently, electronic commerce. Bermuda has the intellectual capital, infrastructure and sophistication of leading onshore business jurisdictions, with a light but effective regulatory environment that is conducive to international business.
Instructions received in Bermuda can be passed on to the appropriate jurisdiction in a different time zone for immediate action on what is effectively the same business day. This means clients can often hear back by the morning of the next business day in Europe or Asia, avoiding costly delays.
Affiliated companies (Codan) provide registered agent, registered office, corporate director and secretarial services, as well as specialised company management services. Our global network of licensed trust companies (Codan Trust) undertakes a broad range of trust establishment and administration services. These services range from the administration of family trusts for private clients to the structuring of highly complex and innovative corporate ventures including special purpose trusts for ownership of securitization structures.