11:24pm Monday (GMT -0400)
This premier corporate practice is commended for its top-quality work and close attention to clients' needs. It offers a deep bench of lawyers with extensive experience in areas such as capital markets, banking, asset finance and complex cross-border corporate transactions.
Chambers Global 2013
Founded in 1928, the Bermuda office provides advice and services on the full range of the Firm’s corporate, litigation, restructuring & insolvency and trust & private client practices.
The services offered by the affiliated Codan companies are also available from the Bermuda office.
- Conyers Dill & Pearman advises Aircastle on US$500 million Senior Notes Offering *New*
- Offshore Case Digest: Issue No. 8 - Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands and the Cayman Islands *New*
- Bermuda: Paradise Found for Private Aircraft Financing *New*
- Bermuda Corporate Practice Group 2014 Year in Review *New*
- Conyers advises Actavis Inc. on its US$66 Billion Acquisition of Allergan Inc. *New*
- Conyers assists with $473 Million note offering *New*
- Conyers advises Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. on its US$1 Billion bond offering of 5.50% senior notes due 2023 *New*
- Conyers advises AXIS Capital on its merger with PartnerRe
- Conyers Aviation Lawyers Receive Top Honours for Second Straight Year
- Impact of FATCA on Bermuda
Bermuda has earned a reputation as a world-class centre of commerce featuring a business-friendly environment, a stable and growing economy, and an unmatched collection of talent and intellectual capital in key sectors including insurance, financial services, and, more recently, electronic commerce. Bermuda has the intellectual capital, infrastructure and sophistication of leading onshore business jurisdictions, with a light but effective regulatory environment that is conducive to international business.
Instructions received in Bermuda can be passed on to the appropriate jurisdiction in a different time zone for immediate action on what is effectively the same business day. This means clients can often hear back by the morning of the next business day in Europe or Asia, avoiding costly delays.
Affiliated companies (Codan) provide registered agent, registered office, corporate director and secretarial services, as well as specialised company management services. Our global network of licensed trust companies (Codan Trust) undertakes a broad range of trust establishment and administration services. These services range from the administration of family trusts for private clients to the structuring of highly complex and innovative corporate ventures including special purpose trusts for ownership of securitization structures.