09:33pm Thursday (GMT -0300)
This premier corporate practice is commended for its top-quality work and close attention to clients' needs. It offers a deep bench of lawyers with extensive experience in areas such as capital markets, banking, asset finance and complex cross-border corporate transactions.
Chambers Global 2013
Founded in 1928, the Bermuda office provides advice and services on the full range of the Firm’s corporate, litigation, restructuring & insolvency and trust & private client practices.
The services offered by the affiliated Codan companies are also available from the Bermuda office.
- Conyers advises on the licensing of Watford Re Ltd. as a Class 4 insurer *New*
- Conyers advises Aircastle on US$900 million Purchase and Leaseback with LATAM *New*
- Recognition and Assistance for Foreign Office Holders in Bermuda, BVI and Cayman *New*
- Conyers advises on Aircastle’s Increase in its US$450 million Bank Revolving Credit Facility *New*
- Conyers advises Aircastle on US$500 million Senior Notes Offering *New*
- Conyers advises Stolt-Nielsen Limited on its NOK 1,250,000,000 senior unsecured bonds due in 2021
- Conyers advises Castlelake on its US$515.6 million aircraft securitization
- Private Equity in Bermuda
- Conyers advises on Marine Money’s top securitisations of the year
- Conyers advises Global Container Assets 2013 Limited on US$280 million note offering
Bermuda has earned a reputation as a world-class centre of commerce featuring a business-friendly environment, a stable and growing economy, and an unmatched collection of talent and intellectual capital in key sectors including insurance, financial services, and, more recently, electronic commerce. Bermuda has the intellectual capital, infrastructure and sophistication of leading onshore business jurisdictions, with a light but effective regulatory environment that is conducive to international business.
Instructions received in Bermuda can be passed on to the appropriate jurisdiction in a different time zone for immediate action on what is effectively the same business day. This means clients can often hear back by the morning of the next business day in Europe or Asia, avoiding costly delays.
Affiliated companies (Codan) provide registered agent, registered office, corporate director and secretarial services, as well as specialised company management services. Our global network of licensed trust companies (Codan Trust) undertakes a broad range of trust establishment and administration services. These services range from the administration of family trusts for private clients to the structuring of highly complex and innovative corporate ventures including special purpose trusts for ownership of securitization structures.